Thursday, December 6, 2012

So It Begins

Day 1 of Frag Cake's Steam Challenge 
Current Game:1… 2… 3… KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)

I have over 100 games in my Steam Library and have only played (much less completed) a very small number of them. It's getting a little silly. Then I came across this post on Reddit (cue giant image):




I decided to take the bull by the horns and get this rolling before 2013 starts. Partly because I'm impulsive, and partly because I think it's less likely the idea will stick with me if I don't get started right away.

I'm writing this blog as a way to chronicle this journey, review the games, give impressions, and otherwise have an output for this valiant attempt to get my past self's money's worth. I'll try to post a few times a week, or any time there's a relevant update. For now, I'm working on Kick It (which I'll call it for short because of the ridiculous title), a game along the lines of Audiosurf that takes your mp3s and turns them into a game algorithmically. Since it's a more open-ended game, I'll have to play 10 hours to be able to mark it as "completed". Wish me luck!

Relevant links:
My Steam Profile
Frag Cake Steam Group
Subreddit for the Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment